Prep time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 115g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla essence into a bowl and mix it well.
- Add the eggs and then beat it with the mixture.
- Add the self-raising flour and milk, then mix it with a spatula.
- In a cupcake tray, fill in the cupcake moulds with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Bake the cupcakes at 180 degrees celsius for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcake cool for 10 minutes.
- For the frosting, beat 115g of butter for five minutes until the butter is pale in colour.
- Add the cream cheese, and beat it with the butter until it is well-combined.
- Sift a cup of icing sugar at a time, then beat the mixture until it is all combined.
- Put the frosting in the fridge to chill for thirty minutes.
- Put the cream cheese frosting into a piping bag, and then pipe swirls onto a cupcake.
- Sprinkle cupcake decorations onto the cake as you like.