Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 225g sugar
- 225g butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self raising flour
- 300g of strawberry jam
- 200ml of whipping cream
- 4 strawberries, halved
- Icing sugar
- Mix the butter and sugar until it is combined.
- Beat an egg in one at a time, and mix the mixture. Add the vanilla extract a mix again.
- Add the flour and fold it into the mixture until it is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into two round cake moulds.
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 170 degrees celsius. Use a toothpick to poke into the cake to check if it comes out clean.
- While the cakes are cooling, beat the whipping cream until there are stiff peaks.
- Spread the jam on top of one cake, then add cream over it.
- Add the second cake on top of the cream and top it with the strawberries.
- Dust icing sugar over the cake. Serve.