Prep time: 65 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
- 1 cabbage
- 500g of minced pork
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 400g of canned tomatoes
- Sautee the onion and garlic in a pan with butter until the onion is caramelised.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let the onion and garlic cool.
- In a separate bowl, add the minced pork, egg, garlic, onion, rice, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands, then set aside.
- Blanche the cabbage in boiling water until the leaves become soft.
- Peel the cabbage leaves, then put two tablespoons of the meat mixture on each cabbage leaf.
- Wrap the sides of the cabbage leaf, then roll it up to cover the entire meat mixture.
- Place the cabbage rolls into a casserole dish, then pour the canned tomatoes over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover the casserole dish, and bake the cabbage rolls for 90 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Serve each cabbage roll with a generous serving of tomato sauce.