Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 500g of chicken cut in cubes
- 200g of mushrooms
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- Ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml of chicken stock
- 100ml of milk
- 25g of butter
- 50g of flour
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the chicken and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, mushrooms and onions and place them into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the flour.
- Mix for 2 minutes over a medium-low heat then add a little bit at a time of the chicken stock.
- Once all the liquid has been added to the pan, bring the liquid to a gentle boil or until the mixture thickens then remove the pan from the heat.
- Roll out the pastry into a pie dish.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, onion and liquid mixture into the pie.
- For a decorative look, weave a lattice top for the pie crust.
- Beat the egg then brush it over the top of the pie.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.