Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Assorted sashimi
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 5 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of salmon roe
- Soy sauce
- Pour the rice vinegar over the cooked rice, then mix well and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan with the sesame oil on low heat.
- Beat the egg and pour it into the frying pan. Coat a thin layer of the egg over the frying pan.
- Once the egg is cooked, take it out of the frying pan and onto a chopping board.
- Roll up the egg, and thinly cut slices then set aside.
- Peel the avocado and slice the avocado into 1cm thickness.
- Slice one cucumber thinly with a slicer.
- Line the sashimi in a 20cm diameter cake baking pan until it covers the bottom.
- Spread a thin layer of rice covering all of the sashimi.
- Line the cucumber on top of the rice.
- Spread another thin layer of rice over the cucumber.
- Line the avocado on top of the rice.
- Spread another thin layer of rice and push down on the sushi cake.
- Flip the cake over on a plate and carefully remove the baking pan.
- Place 2 tbsp of the thinly sliced egg in the centre of the cake.
- Roll up four slices of salmon and place it around the egg slices.
- Thinly slice a cucumber, roll it up then place it around the rolled salmon.
- Place the salmon roe on top of the egg slices. Serve with soy sauce.
Inspired by Tastemade’s Celebration Sushi Cake: https://www.tastemade.com/videos/celebration-sushi-cake