Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 200g of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 4 sheets of puff pastry (15cm X 15cm)
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the cream cheese at room temperature with the sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Cut the puff pastry into four equal squares.
- Take one of the square pieces and fold it in half diagonally.
- Leaving half a centimetre border, cut about three quarters of the way from the bottom of the triangle to the tip on both sides, making sure the cuts do not touch.
- Unfold the square, then take the top flap and fold it towards the bottom edge.
- Take the bottom flap and fold it towards the top edge.
- Put a spoonful of cream cheese in the centre of the puff pastry.
- Place a strawberry on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry squares.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the pastries.