Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 130 minutes
Total time: 145 minutes
- 40g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 40g of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 250g of cream cheese
- 100ml of cream
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 15g of gelatine
- 100g of blackberries
- Lightly grease a baking tin and put it aside.
- Beat the egg and the sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Gently fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake it at 220 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence until it is well combined.
- Heat the milk in a sauce pan and melt the gelatine into the warm milk.
- Pour the milk and gelatine mixture in with the cream cheese mixture and combine it well.
- Blend the blackberries until it is pureed, then pour part of the mixture over the cake in the tin.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake in the tin.
- Put the rest of the blackberry puree into a piping bag and pipe a spiral on the cake.
- Using a skewer, swipe it through the cake from the middle to the edges.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Garnish with blackberries and a sprig of mint.