Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 200 minutes
Total time: 225 minutes
- 150g of sugar
- 125g of plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 125ml of milk
- Food colouring of your choice (optional)
- 60g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 300g of powdered sugar
- 200g of cream cheese
- 60g of butter
- Berries of your choice
- 60g of melted chocolate
- Mix the milk and food colouring, then set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder in a large bowl, then set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar until it is well combined. Then beat and mix in the egg and the vanilla essence.
- Pour half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the milk, and mix. Then mix in the remaining flour mixture, then the remaining milk.
- Grease the cake tins and line it with baking powder.
- Mix the baking powder into the cake mix, then the vinegar. Quickly pour the cake mixture into the cake pan and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool for ten minutes before removing the cake from the cake pan.
- For the frosting, mix the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until it is smooth.
- Coat the cake with a generous layer of the frosting.
- Measure the circumference and height of your cake and cut cooking paper to match the measurements. For the height of the cake, add an extra 2cm.
- With the melted chocolate, quickly make swirls on the cooking paper. Let the chocolate set slightly until it is no longer wet but still flexible enough to apply on the cake.
- Carefully apply the chocolate border on the cake, then press it on the cake.
- Store the cake in the fridge for two hours.
- Remove the cake from the fridge, and carefully peel off the cooking paper.
- Top the cake with berries of your choice.