Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 120ml of yoghurt
- 20ml of yoghurt
- 100g of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix the lemon zest and sugar in a bowl, then add yoghurt and olive oil to the mixture.
- Beat three eggs and add the vanilla essence into the mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the batter and mix until there is a runny consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes or until a skewer into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake and let it cool for ten minutes.
- For the drizzle, mix the yoghurt, powdered sugar, honey and lemon juice.
- Poke the cake with a skewer, then drizzle on the cake.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.