Prep time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
- 2 cups of flours
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2-4 regular-sized potatoes
- 200g of cottage cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper as you like
- 4 tbsp butter
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Put the potatoes in pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Coat a large bowl with vegetable oil, then add water and egg then stir.
- Mix flour and salt into the bowl until you form a dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on a floured surface until it has a smooth texture.
- Roll the dough into a ball, seal it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, add cottage cheese, diced onions and start to mash it all up. Add salt and pepper as you like.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin, and use a cup to cut out a circle shape.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the potato filling and put it in the middle of the dough.
- Close the dough around the potato by pinching it with your fingers.
- Keep repeating steps 8-10 until you run out of dough or filling.
- Boil the pierogi in hot water for 2-3 minutes, or until they float.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions. Drizzle the onions and butter over the pierogi.
2 Comments Add yours
I love to see this recepie here! As a polish mother (but not yet a grandmother) I confirm that it works. Great job Wenny!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Dziekuje Kasiu! 🙂
I hope to make more Polish dishes!