Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 30 frozen pelmeni of your choice
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 3 tbsp of chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of beetroot juice
- 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch</li
- 1 tbsp of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of dill
- Boil the pelmeni in a pot of hot water with salt for 10 minutes, or until it floats to the surface.
- Remove the pelmeni and set aside.
- In a frying pan set to medium heat, add the oil and fry the onion for five minutes.
- Add the pelmeni and fry it with the onion for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Mix the water and cornstarch together.
- In a sauce pan set to low heat, add the beetroot juice with the cornstarch water and mix until the sauce thickens.
- With a tablespoon of the beetroot sauce, quickly drizzle it in a circle shape on a plate.
- Place the pelmeni on top of the sauce.
- Garnish the pelmeni with freshly copped green onion.
- Season with pepper and dill. Serve.