Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 400g of canned salmon
- 1 an onion diced
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 5 tbsp of shredded cheese
- 3 tbsp of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil and fry the onion for two minutes.
- Add the canned salmon, and fry for two minutes.
- Add the cheese, milk, salt and pepper into the pot and continue cooking for two minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let it cool for ten minutes.
- Cut the pie sheet in half and lay the salmon filling on the top half of the sheet.
- Fold over the bottom end of the pie sheet to the top. Press the pie sheet edges with a fork.
- If you have a leaf shaped plunger, cut the shape I to the excess pie sheet and place it in the centre of the puff pastry parcel.
- Brush the beaten egg on top of the pie sheet, then bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then serve.