Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 200g of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 4 sheets of puff pastry (15cm X 15cm)
- Chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the cream cheese at room temperature with the sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Cut the puff pastry into two rectangles.
- Take one of the pieces and spread the cream cheese in the centre of the puff pastry.
- Put the chocolate chips on top of the cream cheese.
- On the left and right side of the puff pastry, make diagonal cuts about 1 cm thick.
- Braid the puff pastry by folding one side from the left, then one side from the right.
- Repeat this process until the whole puff pastry is braided.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the pastries.