Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 210 minutes
Total time: 245 minutes
- 200g of ready-made pie crust dough
- 500g of chopped dark chocolate
- 300ml of cream
- 200ml of milk
- 2 whole eggs, 1 whole egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 200g of uncooked rice
- Fit and press the ready-made pie dough into the pie pan.
- Prick the pie dough with a fork. Place aluminium foil on the dough, pour the rice on the foil then bake the pie dough for 20 minutes or until brown and crispy. Remove the foil and rice.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat when the chocolate has melted.
- Add the cream, milk and salt to a saucepan and warm it over medium-heat. Do not let it boil.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, then combine it with the milk.
- Strain the hot milk mixture into the melted chocolate, then whisk gently to combine.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pie pan, then bake it for 5 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Leave the pie in the oven for 40 minutes, then put it in the fridge to chill for at least three hours.