Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of well chilled butter
- 1 tbsp of well chilled shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp of water
- 250g of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Next, add well chilled butter and shortening.
- Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg yolk and water.
- Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
- Now remove the dough and cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.
- Roll to desired size.
- Carefully place dough on pie mold.
- Fill the pie mold with the blueberries.
- Press the cookie cutters on the remaining pie dough, and cover the pie with the heart-shaped cutting.
- Glaze the surface of the pie with the melted butter.
- Bake the pie at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.