Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Diced strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cloves, baking powder and salt).
- Crack the egg into the mixing bowl, then add the milk and vanilla.
- Gently whisk until it is all combined.
- Using a waffle iron (depending on the size), add the mixture until it overs only 3/4 of the waffle iron plate.
- Cook it in the waffle iron for about 4-5 minutes until the waffle is solid to touch.
- Place the waffle on a plate and top it with the strawberries and blueberries (or topping of your choice).
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the waffles, then drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.